Become a Member
- Appetizer Recipes
- Dinner Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
Partners & Friends
See the new Member Comments area below! Now you can add your recipe review, comments, or
suggestions to the public recipes.
Apple Brown Betty
MyCookbook Recipe Database
MyCookbook Member: rystock
Recipe Category: Dessert
Recipe Preparation Level: moderate
1 c fresh white bread crumbs
low fat spread for greasing
1 c light brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
2 lbs apples
juice of one lemon
2 Tbsp low-fat spread
3 Tbsp finely chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven on broil. Spread bread crumbs on baking sheet and toast under broiler until golden brown,stirring so that they color evenly. Set aside.
2. Turn oven down to 375. Grease a 8-cup baking dish. Mix sugar with cinnamon,cloves and grated nutmeg in medium bowl.
3. Peel,core and slice apples. Toss apples with lemon juice to prevent from turning brown.
4. Sprinkle about 3 Tbsp of bread crumbs over bottom of baking dish. Cover with 1/3 of apples and sprinkle 1/3 sugar-spice mixture on top.
5. Add another layer of bread crumbs on top and dot with 1/4 of the spread. Repeat layers two more times,ending with a layer of bread crumbs. Sprinkle with the nuts and dot with remaining spread.
6. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the apple are tender and the top is golden brown. Serve warm.
Serves 6;257 cal;4.7 g fat;.3mg cholesterol;2.9g fiber
If you were an actual member, you'd be able to click a button here that would
instantly add this recipe to your personal cookbook! Join MyCookbook today - it's free!
Feel free to send this recipe to the Guest member, or even send it to your e-mail using the options below:
If you were an actual member, you'd be able to offer a review and/or suggestions
for this recipe!
Join MyCookbook today - it's free!