Easy Chicken Paprikash
MyCookbook Recipe Database
MyCookbook Member: nannettek
Recipe Category: Poultry
Recipe Preparation Level: easy
Bake at 400 (4 servings)
2 broiler-fryers (abt 1 1/2 lbs ea., cut in serving-size pcs.
1 1/2 cup butter
2 T Paprika
1 t salt
1/4 t pepper
1 T instant minced onion
1 cup water
1 cup sour cream
1. Wash & dry chicken pieces, pull off loose skin
2. Pour butter into plate, Mix flr, paprika, salt, and pepper in 2nd pie plate.
3. Dip chicken pieces in melted butter, then coat w/flr. Save any remaining flr for gravy
4. Arrange chinken in single layer in shallow baking pan; pour remaining butter over.
5. Bake in hot oven 400. 1 hr. or until chicken is browned and tender; remove to heated platter.
6. Pour off all butg 2 T drippings in pan; blend in 2 T of remaining flr & onion; stir in water; cook, stirring constantly, untel gray thinkens and boils 1 minute. Blend in sour cream, but do not let it boil, for it may curdle.