Become a Member
- Appetizer Recipes
- Dinner Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
Partners & Friends
See the new Member Comments area below! Now you can add your recipe review, comments, or
suggestions to the public recipes.
MyCookbook Recipe Database
MyCookbook Member: sheelam
Recipe Category: Side Dish
Recipe Preparation Level: moderate
2 cups white peas (soaked for 5-6 hrs),
2 medium sized onion,
1 boiled potato (optional)
2 tsp cumin powder,
2 tsp red chili powder, 2-3 green chilies
grated coconut and chopped coriander leaves,
1 tsp mustard seeds,
1 tsp turmeric powder,
a pinch of asafoetida
salt to taste,
Pav (Indian bread)
1. Soak white peas for 5-6 hours and boil them with enough water.
2. Chop onions and green chilies.
3. Heat some oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, asafoetida, turmeric powder and then half of the chopped onion pieces.
4. Saute onion pieces till they turn brown, add boiled peas and water.
5. Cover and cook till the gravy thickens slightly.
6. Now add cumin powder, chili powder, salt. Stir and cook for some time. Remove from the heat.
Garnish with coconut and coriander leaves and some chopped onion. Serve with pav.
Tip: You may also add garam masala and ginger-garlic paste for more flavor.
If you were an actual member, you'd be able to click a button here that would
instantly add this recipe to your personal cookbook! Join MyCookbook today - it's free!
Feel free to send this recipe to the Guest member, or even send it to your e-mail using the options below:
If you were an actual member, you'd be able to offer a review and/or suggestions
for this recipe!
Join MyCookbook today - it's free!