Become a Member
- Appetizer Recipes
- Dinner Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
Partners & Friends
See the new Member Comments area below! Now you can add your recipe review, comments, or
suggestions to the public recipes.
Cold Sliced Turkey With Tuna Sauce
MyCookbook Recipe Database
MyCookbook Member: meriel
Recipe Category: Holiday
Recipe Preparation Level: moderate
For 6 to 8 persons...
2 to 2 1/2 pounds lean, boneless
turkey breast, or veal roast as
the Italians would serve it.
1 medium carrot
1 stalk celery, without leaves
1 medium yellow onion
4 sprigs parsely
1 bay leaf
The Tuna Sauce...
Mayonnaise (found as it's own recipe), made
with 2 egg yolks, 1 1/4 cups
olive oil, 2 to 3 TBSP lemon juice,
1/4 TSP salt
1 7oz. can Italian tuna in olive oil
5 flat anchovy fillets
1 1/4 cups olive oil
3 TBSP lemon juice
3 TBSP tiny capers
salt if necessary
1. In a pot just large enough to contain the turkey, put in the turkey, the carrot, celery, onion, parsley, bay leaf, and just enough water to cover. Now REMOVE THE TURKEY AND SET ASIDE. Bring water to a boil, add the meat, when water comes to a boil again, cover the pot, reduce the heat, and keep a gently simmer for 2 hours. (If you are using a larger piece of turkey, cook proprotionately longer.) Remove the pot from the heat and allow the meat to cool in its broth.
2. Prepare the mayonnaise according to the recipe below, remembering taht all ingredients for the mayonnaise must be at room temperature.
3. In a blender mis tune, anchovies, oil, lemon juice, and capers at high speed for a few seconds until the attain a creamy consistency. Remove the misture from the blender jar and fold it carefully but thoroughly into the mayonnaise. Taste to see if any salt is required.
4. When the meat is quite cold, transfer it to a cutting board, cut inot this and uniform slices.
5. Smear the bottom of serving platter with some of the tuna sauce. Arrange the veal slices over this in a single layer, edge to edge. Cover the layer well with sauce. Lay more turkey over this and cover again with sauce; set aside enough sauceto cover the topmost layer well. The more layers you make the better as it prevents the meat form drying.
6. Refrigerate for 24 hours, covered with plastic wrap. It keeps beautifully for up to two weeks. Before serving you may garnish with lemon slices, olive slices, whole capers, and parsley leaves.
If you were an actual member, you'd be able to click a button here that would
instantly add this recipe to your personal cookbook! Join MyCookbook today - it's free!
Feel free to send this recipe to the Guest member, or even send it to your e-mail using the options below:
If you were an actual member, you'd be able to offer a review and/or suggestions
for this recipe!
Join MyCookbook today - it's free!