Become a Member
- Appetizer Recipes
- Dinner Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
Partners & Friends
See the new Member Comments area below! Now you can add your recipe review, comments, or
suggestions to the public recipes.
MyCookbook Recipe Database
MyCookbook Member: Sylvie
Recipe Category: Dessert
Recipe Preparation Level: moderate
Yield: 4 Servings
4 Apples; pared, cored
3 tb Granulated sugar
1 ds Cinnamon, optional
2 tb Granulated sugar
1/2 c All-purpose flour
1/4 ts Baking powder
1 Egg; beaten
4 tb Butter or margarine; melted
2 tb Chopped walnuts
1 tb Grated orange rind
Preparation time: 20 min. Baking time: 25 to 35 min. Oven temperature: 375 degrees F. This is an
easy-to-prepare variation of an old family favorite. Use baking apples for best flavor. Preparation:
1. Prepare apples. Make some slits in each apple.
2. Place apples in lightly greased custard cups. Dust with sugar and cinnamon.
3. Stir together sugar, flour and baking powder. Mix in egg and melted butter.
4. Spoon batter over apples, dividing evenly. Sprinkle with walnuts and orange rind.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F. until apples are soft and batter is golden brown, 25 to 35 minutes.
6. Serve apples slightly warm with orange ice cream or a dollop of whipping cream, if desired.
If you were an actual member, you'd be able to click a button here that would
instantly add this recipe to your personal cookbook! Join MyCookbook today - it's free!
Feel free to send this recipe to the Guest member, or even send it to your e-mail using the options below:
If you were an actual member, you'd be able to offer a review and/or suggestions
for this recipe!
Join MyCookbook today - it's free!