Become a Member
- Appetizer Recipes
- Dinner Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
Partners & Friends
See the new Member Comments area below! Now you can add your recipe review, comments, or
suggestions to the public recipes.
Orange Sweet Potatoes
MyCookbook Recipe Database
MyCookbook Member: m.cannon
Recipe Category: Side Dish
Recipe Preparation Level: moderate
4 medium sweet potatoes, unpeeled (about 1 lb), or 2 16-oz cans, drained
vegetable oil spray
1/2 C fresh orange juice
2 T light brown sugar
1/4 to 1/2 tsp grated orange zest
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
2 dashes bitters or liqueur of your choice (opt)
1/3 C+ chopped pecans
1. In a stockpot with water just to cover, boil sweet potatoes until tender (about 30 minutes).
2. Remove and discard skins.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Lightly spray a 1-quart casserole dish with vegetable oil spray.
5. In a large mixing bowl, mash sweet potatoes.
6. Add remaining ingredients and beat until fluffy.
7. Spread mixture in a casserole dish.
8. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
9. Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
This recipe is from the "American Heart Association Cookbook." High in nutrition and smart for your heart, these sweet potatoes go well with lean pork or poultry. Add a dark green vegetable for color contrast and even more nutrients.
Protein: 1 g
Carb: 24 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Total fat: 0 g
Fiber 2 g
Sodium 9 mg
If you were an actual member, you'd be able to click a button here that would
instantly add this recipe to your personal cookbook! Join MyCookbook today - it's free!
Feel free to send this recipe to the Guest member, or even send it to your e-mail using the options below:
If you were an actual member, you'd be able to offer a review and/or suggestions
for this recipe!
Join MyCookbook today - it's free!