Become a Member
- Appetizer Recipes
- Dinner Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
Partners & Friends
See the new Member Comments area below! Now you can add your recipe review, comments, or
suggestions to the public recipes.
Carole Forsyth's Pork (or Chicken) Stirfry
MyCookbook Recipe Database
MyCookbook Member: m.cannon
Recipe Category: Pork
Recipe Preparation Level: moderate
2 servings tender pork or chicken breast
1 T stirfly oil
1 T cornstarch (adjust as needed)
3 T soy sauce
2 T sesame oil
3+ cloves garlic, minced
4 T fresh ginger, thinly chopped
few shakes of cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp black pepper
Vegetables of your choice. EX:
2 onions, chopped
4-5 green onions, coarsley chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 carrot, thinly sliced
1 green or red pepper, sliced in strips
large handful of snowpeas
1/2 lb mushrooms, sliced
1-2 handful fresh mung beansprouts
1 small can waterchestnuts, sliced
1 small can bamboo shoots
1. Marinate pork at least 2 hours (overnight is better).
2. Chop all vegetables and place in individual bowls.
3. Heat stirfly oil on medium high temperature.
4. Add vegetables & meat in order based on how long they require to cook. EX: Celery first, bean sprouts last. Stirfly quickly. (Save marinade)
5. Occasionally add about 3-4 T water if food begins to stick.
6. Mix 3/4 C water, 1 T cornstarch, plus marinade left over from the meat to small cup and mix well. 7. Add mixture to the vegetables and stir until thickened to proper consistency.
8. Serve over hot rice.
Serves 2 plus. But this recipe can be easily increased in size to serve more.
A very flavorful dish.
If you were an actual member, you'd be able to click a button here that would
instantly add this recipe to your personal cookbook! Join MyCookbook today - it's free!
Feel free to send this recipe to the Guest member, or even send it to your e-mail using the options below:
If you were an actual member, you'd be able to offer a review and/or suggestions
for this recipe!
Join MyCookbook today - it's free!