Become a Member
- Appetizer Recipes
- Dinner Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
Partners & Friends
See the new Member Comments area below! Now you can add your recipe review, comments, or
suggestions to the public recipes.
Ricotta Stuffed Chicken Breast
MyCookbook Recipe Database
MyCookbook Member: retrobella
Recipe Category: Poultry
Recipe Preparation Level: easy
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts -- butterflied and,pounded 1/4
15 ounces ricotta
2 1/2 ounces parmesan
1 large egg
1 roma tomato -- cut into small pieces
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 cups your favorite pasta sauce
1. Preheat your oven to 350F. Start by making the ricotta filling. Dice the roma tomato
into 1/4" dice. In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta, parmesan, egg, tomato, olives,
salt & pepper, thyme and oregano. Set aside.
2. With a sharp knife, slice the breast in half so that it opens up like the folds of a book.
3. Lay a sheet of plastic wrap over the breast and pound it until it is about 1/4" thick. Start
at the center of the meat and gently pound, pushing your mallet out toward the edge
of the meat.
4. Take a generous spoonful of the cheese mixture and place it in the center of the
chicken breast. Fold one side over then the other, and gently roll the breast over the
5. I usually don't bother with string or toothpicks to hold the breast together. Just gently
place the roll, seam side down in a shallow baking dish. Pour the pasta sauce around
the chicken breasts and place in a preheated oven at 350F. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Serve with the pasta sauce poured over the roll.
If you were an actual member, you'd be able to click a button here that would
instantly add this recipe to your personal cookbook! Join MyCookbook today - it's free!
Feel free to send this recipe to the Guest member, or even send it to your e-mail using the options below:
If you were an actual member, you'd be able to offer a review and/or suggestions
for this recipe!
Join MyCookbook today - it's free!