Become a Member
- Appetizer Recipes
- Dinner Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
Partners & Friends
See the new Member Comments area below! Now you can add your recipe review, comments, or
suggestions to the public recipes.
Very Cherry Pie
MyCookbook Recipe Database
MyCookbook Member: issa8814
Recipe Category: Dessert
Recipe Preparation Level: moderate
Ingredients for 4 Servings
2 cups Frozen unsweetened tart cherries
1/2 cup Dried tart cherries
1/2 cup Granulated sugar
1 tbsp Quick-cooking tapioca
1/4 tsp Almond extract
Pastry for 2-crust, 9-inch pie
1/8 tsp Ground nutmeg
1/2 tbsp Butter
1. Combine frozen cherries, dried cherries, granulated sugar, tapioca and almond
extract in a large mixing bowl; mix well. (It is not necessary to thaw cherries
2. Let cherry mixture stand 15 minutes.
3. Line a 9-inch pie plate with pastry; fill with cherry mixture. Sprinkle with
nutmeg. Dot with butter. Adjust top crust, cutting slits for steam to escape.
4. Bake in a preheated 375-degree oven about 1 hour, or until crust is golden
brown and filling is bubbly. If necessary, cover edge of crust with aluminum
foil to prevent overbrowning.
5. Note: 2 (16-ounce) cans unsweetened tart cherries, well drained, can be
substituted for frozen tart cherries. Dried cherries are available at gourmet
and specialty food stores and at selected supermarkets.
6. Courtesy of the Cherry Marketing Institute
If you were an actual member, you'd be able to click a button here that would
instantly add this recipe to your personal cookbook! Join MyCookbook today - it's free!
Feel free to send this recipe to the Guest member, or even send it to your e-mail using the options below:
If you were an actual member, you'd be able to offer a review and/or suggestions
for this recipe!
Join MyCookbook today - it's free!