Become a Member
- Appetizer Recipes
- Dinner Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
Partners & Friends
See the new Member Comments area below! Now you can add your recipe review, comments, or
suggestions to the public recipes.
Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Herbed Butter
MyCookbook Recipe Database
MyCookbook Member: issa24
Recipe Category: Poultry
Recipe Preparation Level: difficult
Ingredients for 4 Servings
4 Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 3 pounds)
1/4 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Ground black pepper
1/4 cup Butter or margarine, softened
1 tbsp Chopped fresh parsley
1/4 tsp Ground oregano
1/4 tsp Dried rosemary, crushed
1/4 tsp Dried basil
2 oz Swiss cheese, cut into 8 strips
1/8 cup All-purpose flour
1/2 Egg, beaten
1/3 cup Dry breadcrumbs
1/4 cup Dry white wine
1/2 tsp Vegetable oil
1/4 cup Red pepper strips
1/4 cup Green pepper strips
2 cups Cooked rice
1/2 tbsp Cornstarch
1/2 tbsp Cold water
Fresh oregano and rosemary sprigs for garnish
1. Place chicken between plastic wrap; pound with meat mallet or rolling pin to
2. Sprinkle chicken with salt and black pepper.
3. Combine butter, parsley, oregano, rosemary and basil in small bowl.
4. Place 1-1/2 teaspoons herb butter on centers of breast halves, reserving
remaining herb butter.
5. Place one cheese strip in center of each breast half.
6. Roll up chicken with cheese inside; tuck in ends.
7. Roll in flour, then dip in egg. Coat with breadcrumbs.
8. Place in ungreased 13x9-inch baking dish; bake at 375 degrees 15 minutes.
9. Stir wine into remaining herb butter in small saucepan; heat over low heat
until butter melts.
10. Pour over chicken; bake 20 minutes more.
11. Hat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot.
12. Add red and green bell peppers; cook and stir until crisp-tender.
13. Add rice; toss lightly. Heat thoroughly.
14. Serve chicken over rice.
15. Pour pan drippings into small saucepan.
16. Dissolve cornstarch in water.
17. Add to drippings; heat until mixture boils and thickens, stirring
18. Serve with chicken and rice. Garnish with oregano and rosemary.
20. Each serving provides 477 calories, 35 grams protein, 20 grams fat, 34 grams
carbohydrate, 1 gram dietary fiber, 140 milligrams cholesterol and 434
If you were an actual member, you'd be able to click a button here that would
instantly add this recipe to your personal cookbook! Join MyCookbook today - it's free!
Feel free to send this recipe to the Guest member, or even send it to your e-mail using the options below:
If you were an actual member, you'd be able to offer a review and/or suggestions
for this recipe!
Join MyCookbook today - it's free!