Become a Member
- Appetizer Recipes
- Dinner Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
Partners & Friends
See the new Member Comments area below! Now you can add your recipe review, comments, or
suggestions to the public recipes.
Sauteed Chicken Roma
MyCookbook Recipe Database
MyCookbook Member: m.cannon
Recipe Category: Poultry
Recipe Preparation Level: moderate
1 chicken, cut up parts & skinned
1/4 C olive oil
1 T butter
s & p
1/3 tsp tarragon leaves
1/3-1 lb hot Italian sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 large zucchini or summer squash, sliced
1 green pepper, cut in 1-inch squares
1 medium onion, sliced
28-oz can of whole tomatoes or 2 large tomatoes peeled & quartered
2+ garlic cloves, minced
Sauce: 3/4 C chicken broth + 2 tsp cornstarch
1. Heat 2 T oil and 1 T butter to medium high.
2. Add chicken pieces & cook, turning until golden on all sides.
3. Reduce heat to medium, sprinkle with s & p and tarragon, and cook uncovered for about 30 minutes til done.
4. Remove chicken to very large serving bowl or plate and keep warm.
5. In same pan, sautee sausage about 8 minutes or until done.
6. Remove to a bowl, keep warm.
7. Drain all drippings from pan.
8. Add remaining 2 T olive oil and heat.
9. Sautee squash, green pepper and onion for about 4 minutes or until tender crisp.
10. Add garlic and sautee briefly.
11. Add tomatoes and sausage to mixture and stir gently to heat. Mix well.
12. Pour entire mixture over chicken and keep warm.
13. To the juices left in the pan, add chicken broth and cornstarch. Stir constantly for about 5 minutes until sauce is the consistency you like.
14. Pour over chicken, sausage & vegetables and serve.
Makes a complete meal when served with pasta & tossed salad. Serves 4 generously.
If you were an actual member, you'd be able to click a button here that would
instantly add this recipe to your personal cookbook! Join MyCookbook today - it's free!
Feel free to send this recipe to the Guest member, or even send it to your e-mail using the options below:
If you were an actual member, you'd be able to offer a review and/or suggestions
for this recipe!
Join MyCookbook today - it's free!