Become a Member
- Appetizer Recipes
- Dinner Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
Partners & Friends
See the new Member Comments area below! Now you can add your recipe review, comments, or
suggestions to the public recipes.
MyCookbook Recipe Database
MyCookbook Member: issa8814
Recipe Category: Beef
Recipe Preparation Level: easy
Ingredients for 4 Servings
1/2 lb Lean ground pork or lean ground beef
2/3 med Onion, chopped
1 tbsp Chili powder
2/3 tsp Ground cumin
1/3 tsp Salt
2 cups Cooked brown rice
10 2/3 oz Can pinto beans, drained
2 2/3 oz Cans diced green chiles
2/3 med Fresh tomato, seeded and chopped (optional)
Fresh cilantro sprig for garnish
1. Cook meat in large skillet over medium-high heat until brown, stirring to
2. Return meat to skillet.
3. Add onion, chili powder, cumin and salt; cook until onion is soft but not
4. Stir in rice, beans and chiles; thoroughly heat.
5. Top with tomato; garnish with cilantro.
6. Serve immediately.
7. Microwave Oven Instructions
8. Combine meat and onion in 2- to 3-quart baking dish, stirring well.
9. Cover with wax paper and cook on HIGH 4 to 5 minutes, stirring after 2
minutes, or until meat is no longer pink.
11. Add chili powder, cumin, salt, rice, beans and chiles.
12. Cook on HIGH 4 to 5 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes, or until thoroughly
13. Top with tomato
15. Each serving provides 313 calories, 17 grams protein, 9 grams fat, 43 grams
carbohydrate, 6 grams dietary fiber, 29 milligrams cholesterol and 340
16. Rice: Courtesy of the USA Rice Federation - www.ricecafe.com
If you were an actual member, you'd be able to click a button here that would
instantly add this recipe to your personal cookbook! Join MyCookbook today - it's free!
Feel free to send this recipe to the Guest member, or even send it to your e-mail using the options below:
If you were an actual member, you'd be able to offer a review and/or suggestions
for this recipe!
Join MyCookbook today - it's free!