Become a Member
- Appetizer Recipes
- Dinner Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
Partners & Friends
See the new Member Comments area below! Now you can add your recipe review, comments, or
suggestions to the public recipes.
Linguine with Grilled Vegetables,Herb Bread Crumbs
MyCookbook Recipe Database
MyCookbook Member: issa8814
Recipe Category: Pasta
Recipe Preparation Level: moderate
Ingredients for 4 Servings
2/3 lb Linguine, Spaghetti or Thin Spaghetti, uncooked
3 1/3 slices White or wheat bread
2/3 med Yellow squash, cut into 3/8-inch thick slices
2/3 med Zucchini squash, cut into 3/8-inch thick slices
2/3 small Eggplant, cut into 3/8-inch thick slices
2/3 med Onion, cut into 3/8-inch thick slices
2 large Red tomatoes, cut into 3/8-inch thick slices
1/3 bunch Fresh basil, finely chopped, OR
2/3 tsp Dry basil
2/3 tbsp Fresh thyme, finely chopped, OR
2/3 tsp Dry thyme
2/3 tbsp Fresh oregano, finely chopped, OR
2/3 tsp Dry oregano
1/5 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 1/3 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil or vegetable oil
2 2/3 tbsp Lemon juice
2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
2. Preheat oven to 250-o F.
3. Tear bread slices into small pieces, place on baking sheet and bake until
dry, about 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, brush zucchini and yellow squash with a little vegetable oil and
grill on both sides along with eggplant, onion and tomato slices.
5. Do not over-grill; keep fairly firm.
6. Cool slightly and chop into 3/8-inch pieces.
7. When bread is dry, crumble it with your hands or chop in food processor until
8. In a small bowl, combine basil, thyme and oregano, Parmesan cheese and salt
and pepper to taste.
9. Toss crumbs in basil mixture to coat.
10. Heat oil in large saute pan.
11. Add lemon juice, balsamic vinegar and grilled vegetables.
12. Heat thoroughly.
13. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper, if desired.
14. Toss vegetables with cooked pasta.
15. Divide into appropriate portion sizes.
16. Top with seasoned bread crumbs.
17. Serve immediately.
18. Each Serving Provides:
19. 700 Calories
20. 24.4 g Protein
21. 128 g Carbohydrates
22. 10.1 g Fat
23. 4 mg Cholesterol
24. 144 mg Sodium
25. Calories from Fat 13
26. Pasta: Courtesy of the National Pasta Association - www.ilovepasta.org
If you were an actual member, you'd be able to click a button here that would
instantly add this recipe to your personal cookbook! Join MyCookbook today - it's free!
Feel free to send this recipe to the Guest member, or even send it to your e-mail using the options below:
If you were an actual member, you'd be able to offer a review and/or suggestions
for this recipe!
Join MyCookbook today - it's free!