Become a Member
- Appetizer Recipes
- Dinner Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
Partners & Friends
See the new Member Comments area below! Now you can add your recipe review, comments, or
suggestions to the public recipes.
Greek Lemon Soup
MyCookbook Recipe Database
MyCookbook Member: m.cannon
Recipe Category: Soup
Recipe Preparation Level: moderate
3 C beef, chicken or turkey stock
1 small onion
1 clove garlic
salt & pepper, to taste
3 eggs, minus 1 yolk, well beaten
juice of one lemon
1/2-1 C cooked rice or pastini
2 T finely chopped fresh parsley
freshly grated Romano cheese (several tablespoons)
1. Chop onion finely.
2. Mince garlic.
3. Add both to stock and simmer until tender.
4. Divide rice or pastini among the four bowls.
5. Beat eggs.
6. Add finely chopped parsley.
7. Bring soup to a boil.
8. Gently swirl soup and slowly add egg mixture.
9. Add lemon juice; salt & pepper to taste.
10. Pour in bowls.
11. Sprinkle with Romano cheese.
12. Serving suggestion: Float a wafer-thin lemon slice sprinkled with parsley on top of each serving.
Adapted from "Cross Creek Cookery" by Marjorie Rawlings
If you were an actual member, you'd be able to click a button here that would
instantly add this recipe to your personal cookbook! Join MyCookbook today - it's free!
Feel free to send this recipe to the Guest member, or even send it to your e-mail using the options below:
If you were an actual member, you'd be able to offer a review and/or suggestions
for this recipe!
Join MyCookbook today - it's free!