Become a Member
- Appetizer Recipes
- Dinner Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
Partners & Friends
See the new Member Comments area below! Now you can add your recipe review, comments, or
suggestions to the public recipes.
Easy Chicken Paprikash
MyCookbook Recipe Database
MyCookbook Member: nannettek
Recipe Category: Poultry
Recipe Preparation Level: easy
Bake at 400 about 1 hr (Makes 4)
2 Broiler fryers (1 1/2 lbs each) cut in serving size pieces
1/2 cup Butter or amrgaringe, melted
3/4 cup sifted flr
2 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon instant minced onion
1 cup water
1 cup dairy sour cream
1. Wash & dry chicken pieces well; pull off loose skin, if you wish.
2. Pour butter or margarine into pie plate. Mix flour, paprika, salt, and pepper in 2nd pie plate.
3. Dip chicken pieces, one at a time, in melted butter or margarine; drain well, then coat lightly with flour mixture. (Save any remaining seasoned flour for making gravy.)
4. Arrange chicken in single layer in shallow baking pan; pour remaining butter or margarine over.
5. Bake in hot oven (400) 1 hr, or until chicken is richly browned and tender; remove to heated platter.
6. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons drippings in pan: blend in 2 tablespoons of remaining seasoned flour and onion: stir in water; cook, stirring constantly, until gravy thickens and boils 1 minute. Blend in sour cream, but do not let it boil, for sour cream my curdle.
If you were an actual member, you'd be able to click a button here that would
instantly add this recipe to your personal cookbook! Join MyCookbook today - it's free!
Feel free to send this recipe to the Guest member, or even send it to your e-mail using the options below:
If you were an actual member, you'd be able to offer a review and/or suggestions
for this recipe!
Join MyCookbook today - it's free!