Become a Member
- Appetizer Recipes
- Dinner Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
Partners & Friends
See the new Member Comments area below! Now you can add your recipe review, comments, or
suggestions to the public recipes.
Black Bean Soup With Cumin and Jalapeno
MyCookbook Recipe Database
MyCookbook Member: m.cannon
Recipe Category: Soup
Recipe Preparation Level: moderate
Found on Epicurious.com. They credit Jennifer Smith of Tyler Texas with this recipe. It is easy and very tasty. Spices can be varied to suit your taste.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
4 garlic cloves, chopped
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1-2 teaspoon jalapeno chile, with seeds, divided
2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, undrained
1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
chopped fresh cilantro
chopped green onions
crumbled feta cheese
50 minutes 10 mins prep
1. Heat oil in a heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion, carrot, and garlic; saute until vegetables begin to soften, about 6 minutes.
3. Mix in cumin and 1 teaspoon jalapeno.
4. Add beans, tomatoes with juice and broth; bring soup to boil.
5. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook until carrots are tender, about 15 minutes.
6. Transfer 3 cups of soup to blender and puree until smooth.
7. Return puree to pot.
8. Simmer soup until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
9. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and remaining 1 teaspoon jalapeno, if desired.
10. Ladle soup into bowls. Pass cilantro, green onions, and feta cheese separately.
If you were an actual member, you'd be able to click a button here that would
instantly add this recipe to your personal cookbook! Join MyCookbook today - it's free!
Feel free to send this recipe to the Guest member, or even send it to your e-mail using the options below:
If you were an actual member, you'd be able to offer a review and/or suggestions
for this recipe!
Join MyCookbook today - it's free!