Become a Member
- Appetizer Recipes
- Dinner Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
Partners & Friends
See the new Member Comments area below! Now you can add your recipe review, comments, or
suggestions to the public recipes.
Best Rolls Ever
MyCookbook Recipe Database
MyCookbook Member: SJBelle
Recipe Category: Bread
Recipe Preparation Level: moderate
2 cups water
1 cup butter or margarine
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon white sugar
3(.25 ounces each) packages yeast
1 teaspoon salt
7 to 7 1/2 cups self-rising flour
1. In a large bowl place 2 cups water and butter or margarine. Microwave about 2 minutes.
2. In another bowl, mix 1 cup sugar and eggs.
3. In a separate cup, microwave 1/2 cup water for 30 secconds. Add 1 teaspoon sugar and dissolve yeast in this.
4. Mix butter water and sugar and eggs mixture together; add salt. Mix in yeast water. Stir in 7 to 7 1/2 cups of flour. Mix well and lat rise in the refrigerator over night, covered.
5. When ready to use, dump onto floured surface (DO NOT PUNCH DOWN!) and let warm to room temperature. LIGHTLY KNEAD! Only work in enough extra flour to handle.
6. Shape into rolls and place on greased sheet(s). Let rest 30 minutes.
7. Bake in a preheated 400 degree F(205 degrees C) oven until tops are golden. Brush with oil or butter immediatly out of the oven. Makes 24 big rolls
If you were an actual member, you'd be able to click a button here that would
instantly add this recipe to your personal cookbook! Join MyCookbook today - it's free!
Feel free to send this recipe to the Guest member, or even send it to your e-mail using the options below:
If you were an actual member, you'd be able to offer a review and/or suggestions
for this recipe!
Join MyCookbook today - it's free!